February 3, 2016

Niko's First Round Picks: Love It or Leave It


I have such a love-hate relationship with almost everything we buy. I always leave with such high expectations; as if this new purchase is going to entertain Niko, give him a bath, run the vacuum, and fold all of the laundry, all while doing the dishes. And, although, many products do not live up to my unrealistic expectations by running around and doing my housework for me [I mean how amazing would that be?], I can usually find something about them that I like or could like. More often than not, I keep products around the house just because I love the idea of them and what they could be or should be doing and not because I actually need them or love them. 

If you are about to register or browsing through the aisles of Babies R Us trying to decide whether or not you should spend the money on a particular item, stop by and check to see if the product has made the love it or leave it list. Maybe I can help sway your decision, one way or the other! 



Cloud B Sleep Sheep - I have to preface by saying that I am slightly obsessed with our Sleep Sheep and it has been a lifesaver for Niko. The Sleep Sheep drowns out the background noise of the house while Niko sleeps and helps keep him asleep. The only reason why I love-hate this product is because of the short timer. The timer can be set to either 23 minutes or 45 minutes, which really is not long enough for us. Sometimes, especially during nap time, once the timer goes off, Niko will wake up. I would love this product 10x more if there wasn't a timer. But, when it comes down to it our verdict still is: 

love it. 

JJ Cole Infant Car Seat Arm Cushion - In theory, I love this product. I love the idea of having a nice pillow to comfort my arm as I carry Niko around in his infant car seat. However, it does not actually do that. The arm cushion actually makes carrying the car seat more difficult, as it becomes awkward in the bend of your elbow, and it does not provide any relief for your arms. Not only does carrying your child become more difficult, but it becomes difficult to pull back and forth the shade, especially driving. In the end, the verdict is:

leave it.

Skip Hop Moby Bath Drain Cover - Again, I love the idea of this product. I love that this product covers the drain to prevent any bumps or bruises, in the event of an accident. However, water somehow always gets under it and lifts the drain cover. The only thing that keeps it down is the one suction cup. Even though it sounds like I am not a huge fan of this product, it has prevented some bumps and bruises along the way, so our verdict has to be: 

love it. 

Skip Hop Moby Floating Bath Tub Thermometer - When we first got this product, I loved it. Niko loved having Moby float around the tub with him, and I loved knowing that Niko was comfortable and that the water was never too hot or too cold. But, about a week later, the battery had already died and I could no longer see the temperature display because water must have gotten in there and made the display window fuzzy. I loved it at first, but now, I have to say that the verdict is: 

leave it. 


4moms Infant Tub - Have you ever heard that having too much of a good thing can be a bad thing? That is how I feel about this tub. There are so many awesome attritbutes to this tub. One, it gauges the temperature for you. Two, it is constantly filtering out the dirty water, while fresh water flows through. Three, it is portable and fits in the tub perfectly. This tub may sound like it is one of those products that will do your housekeeping for you, but it does not live up to those expectations. I found it extremely difficult to bathe Niko in this tub because the shape was awkward and cramped. My overall verdict for the 4moms Infant tub is: 

leave it. 

Hopefully you found this post helpful as you prepare for baby and get your registry together! Let me know how what some of your love it or leave it products are in the comments blow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow

About

A twenty-something small town girl who traded in her big city life for country living. I am a wife and new mama just trying to balance this beautiful life as we now know it. We have come a long way since our first days together, but every day I am still learning something new about life, love, and our little mini. Watch as our new life as a family of four unfolds.

Instagram

Follow

Recent Posts

[4][recent][recent][Latest Posts]

Popular Posts