January 30, 2016

Fives: Snowpocalypse and More

For one of my blog series [Fives], I will be posting five things from that week, whether they are things that happened, things that we tried, things that Niko has learned to do, etc. This week has been a little crazy and out of the ordinary, and seemed to drag a little bit. For whatever reason, every day felt like Friday, but Saturday never came. I woke up every morning so disheartened by the fact that it was yet again, not Saturday. But, then it happened, Saturday is finally here! After we get the house in order, we are just going to snuggle all weekend because it is still freezing outside and I am not going anywhere! But, here are our top Fives from this week. 


1. #Snowpocalypse2016 - As many of you were affected by the blizzard of 2016, so were we! It was the first snowfall of the season, but more specifically, it was Niko's first time seeing snow! I will never forget the look on his face when he looked up as snowflakes were landing on his lashes and his tiny button nose. He was in complete awe and amazement. However, that lasted about ten minutes. By the time Saturday rolled around and Niko and I had wrestled for 20 minutes getting him suited up, he was beyond over it. I am pretty sure he hated me, the snow, and not being able to move. We could not get inside fast enough to strip him out of his 18 layers so that he could crawl freely in his normal- more-comfortable clothes. But, once we were inside the nose-to-nose snuggle sessions made the snow day all better again. After many weekends of running around, it was so nice being snowed in all snuggled up. We did not have a care in the world this past weekend, and we did not feel guilty about it either! 


2. We are still working with Niko on eating Cheerios from a bowl without dumping them all over floor and himself. We were only about 60% successful this time, but at least we are getting somewhere! I just keep telling myself that one day he will be able to eat out of a bowl or off of a plate without picking it up and turning it over, which will only make me more sad that he is getting big enough to eat properly. I mean, I just cannot win! HA



3. mama + mini: the blog is finally up and running! This week, I finally figured out how to get my blog up and running and even got some posts written and posted. It has been a whirlwind of a week and I am not sure how I managed to do all of this work, but I did it and I am so proud of myself for figuring out all this techy stuff! 


4. Last year, Big Bang Theory aired an episode where Penny and Sheldon conducted an experiment designed to make people fall in love by asking a series of questions and then looking into each other's eyes for a designated amount of time. So, because Penny and Sheldon did the experiment, we obviously had to too! But, in all seriousness, I have always thought that it would be something fun to do with Justin, even though we are already married and know each other inside out. So, this week, I pulled up the questions and we began playing. The results were pretty interesting! I will get into that in a later post, though! You can find the questions here. Try it out with your friend, boyfriend, husband, blind date, whoever and let me know how it goes! 


5. We changed Niko's sleep schedule and dropped one more nursing session, as we have started weaning him. It has been an emotional and long week, to say the least, but we are getting there! Each day and night gets a little bit easier than the night before. So, hang in there mamas who are going through the same thing right now! It does get easier, but it gets worse before it gets better.

What are you top Fives from this week? Leave them in the comments below!

XX
Francesca

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow

About

A twenty-something small town girl who traded in her big city life for country living. I am a wife and new mama just trying to balance this beautiful life as we now know it. We have come a long way since our first days together, but every day I am still learning something new about life, love, and our little mini. Watch as our new life as a family of four unfolds.

Instagram

Follow

Recent Posts

[4][recent][recent][Latest Posts]

Popular Posts