September 6, 2016


1. Mally - More is More Mascara
2. Bobbi Brown - Skin Foundation Stick
3. Mally - H3 & Hydrating & Brightening Concealer
4. St. Tropez - Self Tan Classic Bronzing Mousse
5. Mally - Glowing Goddess Luminizer
6. Lush - Grease Lightning

To be honest, since I have been working for a makeup company the past few years, I rarely venture away from the brand; it is just easier and cheaper this way [and, it doesn't hurt that I genuinely love so many of our products!]. From working in the industry, I have also been very lucky to have the opportunity to try all different types beauty products and brands without breaking the bank. But, every once in a while, I decide to treat myself and splurge on something new, even if it is not necessarily makeup related. As with anything else, some products are totally worth it and become instant go-tos, while others get tossed aside in my ever-growing makeup drawer(s).

As a working, blogging, new mom, I find it more important now than ever to take care of myself as often as possible, as the days of long showers and blowing out my hair are long gone [Bye, bye to the 2 hours of perfecting the perfect blowout; hello to the we need to be ready and out of the house in 15 minutes. Sound familiar?]. When Niko was born, I made a promise to myself that I would at least get a quick shower and do my makeup for the day, just so that I could feel somewhat normal and not lose myself in the chaos of housework and the "OMG, I need to change again because the baby spit his organic pureed carrots, that I mashed myself, all over me" moments. That is why my top 10 beauty faves are so important to me because they get me feeling-normal ready within minutes. And, when I get the chance to really put myself together, they make me feel like the young 20-something woman that I am! 

So, here they are: 

• St. Tropez Self Tan Classic Bronzing Mousse - Everyone who knows me, knows that I am pretty fair skinned and it takes me quite some time to build a natural tan. That is why I love this product so much! I can apply it at night and wake up the next morning looking like I just laid out all summer. I have used all types of self-tanners, from mass products to prestige, to Mystic Spray Tans to professional spray tans, and I always come back to this product! Don't get me wrong, I would probably choose to get professional sprayed for a big event, but this product is great for at home use and when you do not have the time to go to the salon. Honorable mentions: the Gradual Tan in Shower Lotion and the Gradual Tan Classic Body Lotion. Can't go wrong with either of these if you are looking for a more natural, sun-kissed gradual glow. 

• Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder - I actually never used a setting powder until I received this product as a Christmast gift last year. Around that same time, I started getting into highlighting and contouring and practicing as much as I could. This product is fabulous for setting/baking your highlighted areas. I find that it does not crease under my eyes and really locks in my concealer. Nothing moves, and I mean nothing! Like, wake up the next morning and your concealer looks untouched.

• Mally More is More Mascara - Now, this product is a new favorite of mine. Again, anyone know knows me, knows that I am a mascara junkie and am very picky about which mascara I use. I was an avid Mally Volumizing Mascara girl until this product launched in April. I was skeptical about changing up my mascara routine at first, but once I started using it, I never looked back! The brush is very similar to the Benefit's They're Real Mascara, which was a close second favorite of mine at one point, but I find that the They're Real Mascara is not quite buildable and dries to quickly for my liking, leaving my lashes really clumpy. But, the More is More formula is extremely buildable and I can get my lashes to look like falsies. This product is literally insane, and probably my number 1 beauty pick of the moment! 

• June Jacobs Perfect Pumpkin Peeling Enzyme Masque - In honor of PSL season and being super basic, I bring you the June Jacobs Perfect Pumpkin Peeling Enzyme Masque. Full Disclosure: You will probably want to eat this product, but it is not for consumption! Literally, this product smells so good, you do not want to wash it off of your face. But, that is not the only reason why I love this product so much. I typically use this product whenever my face is feeling like it needs a pick-me-up and/or when I am starting to break out. After one use, my skin feels soft and supple and dewy and just so nice! My face literally feels like it just drank a glass of water; just so good! 

• Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation Stick - I have super oily, problematic skin and have a hard time finding foundations that are high coverage but not heavy. Liquid and moussey foundations typically feel heavy and cakey, and do not mix well with my oily skin. I feel like they tend to fall right off and make my skin feel and look even more oily. But, I found that the Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation Stick was perfect! I love that it is high coverage, super blendable and buildable, but does not leave behind a slick, greasy feeling. I still set my foundation with a powder foundation for extra coverage, because I have a lot of problems to hide, but, my skin still feels like it can breathe. 

• Mally H3 & Hydrating & Brightening Concealer - Obsessed. I have a love/hate relationship with concealers. Again, I have the same problems with concealers as I do with foundations. I find that most concealers are heavy and greasy, or do not have the payoff that I am looking for. But, ever since I started using this concealer, my life has changed tremendously. The H3 Concealer is super hydrating, blendable and buildable [perfect for highlighting and contouring], and feels amazing when applied [there is a slight cooling effect to it]. I typically set/bake this product with the Laura Mercier and it does not move or crease. 

• beautyblender - I do not remember life before I caved and bought myself a beautyblender. My makeup has changed forever. Before the beautyblender, I would go back and forth and apply my makeup with brushes and knock-off beautyblender sponges, but brushes leave your foundation looking streaky and splotchy and knockoff beauty sponges do not even touch the beautyblender. My makeup has never looked more flawless. I was skeptical about this product at first because you wet the sponge to apply your foundation and your setting powder, which I thought was CRAZY! But, it makes a world of a difference and it truly does leave your makeup feeling lightweight and airy. Best $20 I have ever spent in my entire life. 

• Mally Glowing Goddess Luminizer - Highlighters have become a makeup obsession of mine, recently, and I cannot seem to get enough highlighter on my cheekbones. Strobing is the way to go, in my opinion. I just love the mixture of the matte and pearl formulas swirled together to give you a more natural, subtle highlight. And, I absolutely love the color of this product. The undertone is a soft, golden shade, rather than yellow, which is the undertone of the highlighter that I was using prior to the Glowing Goddess Luminizer. 

• Lush Grease Lightning - As I have mentioned above, I have very oily, problematic skin that is very prone to breakouts. My skin has always been very temperamental [which, is most likely due to the PCOS] and, in the past, I have had a hard time finding products that helped keep my skin under control. When I was pregnant with Niko, my skin would go through phases of looking fantastic and glowy and perfect, and then, just like that, I would be breaking out like I was 13 all over again. I do not typically shop in Lush stores, but one day I stumbled into the store, struck up a conversation with one of the associates and an hour and a half later I was on my way home with a sample of their Grease Lightning. Well, it is safe to say that I was hooked after the first time I used this product. My skin was noticeably clear by the next morning. And, when I say noticeably clear, I mean that there was literally not one pimple on my face. Now, I simply cannot live without this product. 

• Urban Decay De-Slick Oil-Control Makeup Setting Spray - This is a makeup bag must have. If there is only one thing that Urban Decay does well, it would be their setting sprays [I mean, but, let's be honest though, everything Urban Decay does is perfection]. I typically only use this product for events or a big night out, since I have been told that it is not exactly great for your skin. However, if you are looking for your makeup to not move, you must try this product. I am not even close to lying when I say that you can dance the night away and wake up the next morning with your makeup looking untouched. This product has gotten me through many weddings and events and it has yet to disappoint. 

Well, there you have it, my top 10 beauty faves [of the moment]. Leave some of your favorite beauty products and go-tos in the comments below! I would love to hear from you and I am always looking for new product recommendations and to switch up my makeup routine! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow

About

A twenty-something small town girl who traded in her big city life for country living. I am a wife and new mama just trying to balance this beautiful life as we now know it. We have come a long way since our first days together, but every day I am still learning something new about life, love, and our little mini. Watch as our new life as a family of four unfolds.

Instagram

Follow

Recent Posts

[4][recent][recent][Latest Posts]

Popular Posts